One this week’s episode of Focus on Elder Law Sherri and Ammie discuss why it is important to start the Probate process in a timely fashion after a person passes. Listen in as they answer the following questions:
- How quickly should you start Probate after a person passes?
- What problems can arise if you wait too long to go through the Probate process?
- How do mortgages on real property need to be handled after someone passes and why does it benefit a person to handle the mortgage transfer sooner rather than later?
- Is there a time limit on Probate?
- What rights can be put in jeopardy by waiting to start the Probate process?