How do you work with or work around Spousal Rights in Florida?
That is the topic of this week’s episode of Focus on Elder Law
- What are Spousal Rights?
- How does Florida’s Statues make estate planning and inheritance more complicated when you don’t want to follow traditional routes of inheritance?
- What specific things need to be addressed in your estate plan so your wishes are honored after your death?
- How do you protect your Homestead property when you don’t want traditional spousal rights to apply to your situation?
- What is an “elective share” and how does it apply to your estate plan?
- How can pre and post nuptial agreements play a role in your estate plan?
These are a few of the questions that Sherri tackles in this week’s episode. If you need assistance navigating Spousal Rights or have questions about whether or not your existing plans meet all the requirements of the State of Florida, give Akin Law a call at 386-518-2215.